Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

Wow. I just looked at my blog and realized it's been a year and a half since I posted anything. What's up with that???
What's up with that is that I have been insanely busy, and kept putting blogging last. And what happens when you put blogging last is that it doesn't get done.
Last night I was thinking about New Year's resolutions and I realized that one of the things I really want to do this year is actually blog, as opposed to thinking about blogging. So here I am. I am still, and probably always will be, insanely busy, but I'm doing it anyway.
So... I've been knitting. Since I am so busy, I didn't do much Christmas knitting, to lessen the stress of deadlines. But I did knit two gifts, one for my mother, and one for someone else. The one for my mother is done and went out in the mail on Tuesday, just in time to arrive tomorrow, the day after Christmas. That's way closer to on time than my Christmas gifts some years.  I forgot to take any pictures of it before it left, so I can't show them to you.
The other gift, however, luckily doesn't have to be done until Tuesday. I say luckily, because it's Christmas Day already, and it's not done.  I'll try to attach a picture.  I hope it turns out to be the right colors.

And... I've been running. Last year, I tried to do a running streak from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day, in which I ran every day. I didn't make it. I made it less than a week, I think.  This year is going better. I'm on day 30 today, and I'm determined to make it all the way through.
Yesterday, it was -6 when I was ready to run, so off I went to the gym, and ran 5k (3.1 miles) on the treadmill. I did it in 29:32, which happens to be my fastest 5k time ever. When I've had to use the treadmill instead of running outside, I've tried to focus on increasing my speed. I think it's working.
It was warmer today, about 20 degrees, so I took Daisy out on a short (1.24 miles) Christmas Day run.  I also got to test out my Christmas present from the hubby, a Garmin Vivosmart HR. I'll tell you more about that later, but have a look:

Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Love the post!! Merry Christmas to you too and congrats on the day 30!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Love the post!! Merry Christmas to you too and congrats on the day 30!!

    ReplyDelete