Thursday, April 17, 2014

A run along the inlet


Yesterday was a crazy busy day. I woke up, got my daughter off to school, woke my youngest up and got him off to school, then left myself and worked all day, without even a lunch break. Then rushed home and had to leave again about 10 minutes later to take my daughter to a youth activity at our church. It is about a 20 minute drive to the church, so if I had driven there and back again to drop her off, and there and back again to pick her up, it would have meant an hour and 20 minutes of driving back and forth. So I did what I usually do, which is drop her off and wait in the parking lot for a couple of hours, then drive her home. Then a late dinner, and off to bed. This is what happens every single Wednesday, week after week.

The problem is, I also wanted to get in a run yesterday. Then I realized I had the perfect opportunity: the time spent waiting in the parking lot. So when I got to the church, I changed into my running gear and headed out. 

I didn't have a super long run planned: a 5 minute warm up walk, 30 minutes of running, and a 5 minute cool down walk. 

The route I took led along the north-ish side of Cook Inlet and I was thrilled to enjoy periodic views of the inlet throughout my run. It was really beautiful, and much more enjoyable than staring at the TV in front of the treadmill at the gym. I like running outside much better. 


Wouldn't you, if this was the view??


No comments:

Post a Comment